Running strength exercises
Strengthening the legs and core should be a must for every runner. Use these dynamic strength exercises on a balance trainer to increase sports specific leg strength for running. This will improve performance and help to prevent injury.
There are 8 exercises in this leg strengthening routine: Perform 2 – 3 sets of the full routine.
1. Balance squats: 15 reps each leg
2. Pistol squats: 15 reps each leg
3. Sprinters: 10 reps each leg
4. Standing hip abduction: 10 reps each leg
5. Calf raises: 10 reps each leg
6. Reverse lunge: 10 reps each leg
7. Single leg balance: 30 seconds each leg
8. Skaters: 10 reps each leg
The Rooboard creates additional tension and forces you to engage the core. Its small size and adaptability makes it perfect for sports specific training exercises. Runners can use it to strengthen the core and leg muscles, improve balance and stability and as a slant board for stretching to improve flexibility and reduce the risk of injury.
Purchase now at: