The Rooboard is an innovative new design, that brings together a wobble board, balance board and fitness platform into a single piece of fitness equipment. It can also be used as slant board for stretching and is excellent for rehabilitation, core and range of motion work.
I designed and produced the Rooboard after 20 years in the fitness industry, competing in triathlons, over 20 years of surfing and many years spent teaching balance and stability classes for extreme sports. I needed a product that was truly portable and very durable. It also had to be perfect for high intensity interval and plyometric training, as well as the traditional balance and stability training.
Why I didn’t choose an existing product:
- The traditional round wobble boards and wooden balance boards are not suitable for multiple use activities and can be very heavy.
- Stability discs cannot be used as platform and require a pump.
- The surface of many balance boards and wobble boards can also be very hard, abrasive and uncomfortable.
- Most balance boards and wobble boards are far too large for traveling.
- True muscular symmetry comes from training each limb separately which means we only need something that fits our hand, foot and posterior.
I designed the Rooboard to fulfill the specific requirements of balance and stability as well as HIIT (high intensity interval) training and to be comfortable (indented eva foam grip), virtually unbreakable (lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing faults) and truly portable (it is only 30cm long and 550g in weight).
My goal is to fulfill my true potential
I also needed a product that was time effective. Success in health, career and relationships comes from goal setting, focus and managing your time to produce the the best results in all areas.
The Rooboard is now my main piece of training equipment and I am in the best all-round shape of my life because of it. My body shape is lean, functionally muscular and explosive. I have achieved this in less than half the time I used to spend in the gym.